Transfiguration Catholic Church Welcomes You Back
Phase 1: Gathering for Mass
Page last updated Friday, April 30, 2021
Please read Archbishop Hartmayer’s updated statement on Dispensation and Pentecost. HERE. Transfiguration is working to make it’s future plans with the feedback and ideas from our town hall meeting. Thank you for your patience as we move through this transition. This page will update with new directives once established.
Phase 1: Gathering for Mass Guidelines – Click Here on What to Know
Please Click HERE to read the Archdiocese of Atlanta full guidelines as well as Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for in-parish gathering. (February 6, 2021)
(Effective Monday, June 29, 2020): Oprima aquí para Español
We are so happy to be able to gather again as a parish family for the Eucharistic celebration. Things look different than before the pandemic. Please review these guidelines so you have an idea of what to expect when you come to Transfiguration. We humbly ask for your prayers, flexibility, and patience as we do all we can to keep each other safe.
|▪ Temporary Mass Schedule During Phase 1:|
Saturdays 5:00 PM
Sundays: 8:00 AM • 11:00 AM • 2:00 PM (Español) • 5:00 PM
Daily Masses, Monday – Friday: 11:00 AM
Confessions are available on Saturday 3:30 – 4:30 p.m. or
by appointment (call the church office, 770-977-1442).
▪ Adoration is after the 11:00 a.m. weekday Masses.
Come and pray 11:45 am-12:45 pm! Please follow all the same guidelines as for attending Mass
▪ The dispensation from the obligation to attend Sunday Mass for persons with health reasons or concerns remains in effect for all in the Archdiocese indefinitely.
Are you someone in the ‘at risk’ category? We recommend and invite you to stay safe at home and continue to watch our live streaming Masses.
You can live-stream from our STREAMING CHANNEL https://video.ibm.com/channel/transfiguration-catholic-church page and see the Daily and most recent Masses from Transfiguration. Or, you can visit our YouTube CHANNEL https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQXj5mBSckdvFuHiICASIG26FnJKvKgNm to see previously recorded weekend Masses.
- Click HERE to read Gathering for Mass guidelines regarding being able to gather in the Transfiguration sanctuary again for Mass.
- Click HERE to watch Fr. Fernando’s “Phase 1: Gathering for Mass” video regarding being able to gather in the Transfiguration sanctuary again for Mass. (May 21, 2020)
- Please click HERE to watch Archbishop Gregory J. Hartmayer’s video on instructions on resumption of in-parish worship and access to parish facilities. (May 18, 2020)
- Please click HERE to ready Archbishop Gregory J. Hartmayer’s statement on Dispensation and Pentecost. (April 29, 2021)
Transfiguration Closings and Suspended Activities due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
• The parish offices are now open to the public in limited capacity from 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Please enter through the double doors marked OFFICE in the front of the Church. Someone will be there to direct you to your appointment. To contact any office personnel, visit our online directory or Contact Us via the web.
• Click HERE to download the weekend Masses Program/Music Sheets to follow during the Saturday and Sunday Masses.
We need many ushers to help make these procedures run smoothly. If you wish to help, click HERE.
Additional ushers are needed to help with weddings, funerals, baptisms, as well as weekend Masses. Please click HERE if you can help. Training will be provided. Contact Rod, email@example.com or Breon, firstname.lastname@example.org with questions. All are welcome!