Child Care at Transfiguration
We are blessed to offer childcare during several parish events and gatherings at Transfiguration including Faith Formation. It is so important to be fed spiritually, and this is especially true for all those hoping to pass on the beauty and truth of our faith to their children. To ensure the safety and well-being of both the children in our care and our wonderful nursery staff, we are conscientious in following state law, archdiocesan policy and parish rules for childcare.
We have found that it helps us all to know what those standards are so that we can work together to see that your children are safely cared for so that your spiritual needs can be met.
Childcare IS available at 11:00 a.m. Mass,
Nursery will be available for children 8 months through 4 years of age during the Sunday 11:00 a.m. Mass. (To start, other Mass times will be added if needed.) As before, space is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Hope to see your little ones soon!
Childcare Available for Faith Formation Classes and Gatherings.
Childcare is offered free of charge during Faith Formation scheduled classes. (Our Great Journey, Adult Faith Formation and Virtus Training)
Nursery will be open for most Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and Friday Faith Formation Times.
Space will be available at a first come first served basis until capacity is reached.
Please Print, Fill Out and Bring this form with you at drop off for Nursery. Forms are available at the Nursery.
Did You Know?
- Our childcare is offered free of charge for parish events scheduled outside of our weekend Mass times.
- Our childcare team can care for children as young as 8 months through 4 years of age. Our room is primarily geared to preschool age and younger.
- Any individual child may be watched in our childcare up to 4 hours in any given day and up to 8 hours in any given week.
- We must have two safe environment certified adults in the room at any time while children are in our care. In addition, we must meet certain ratios for appropriate coverage based on children’s ages; we must have one nursery worker per every 6 children, unless the children aren’t yet walking, in which case we then need one worker per every 4 children. This is part of why it is important to list the ages of your children whenever you sign up for childcare.
- The maximum capacity of our nursery is 24 children.
- In order to offer childcare for any given event/class, we must have at least 3 children or two families signed up 72 hours in advance of the event/class taking place. (Signup page link is coming soon!)
- Masking is encouraged but not required. Masks are optional for vaccinated adults. Children do not have to wear a mask. (Parents may request that their child remain masked.)
Interested in working in the nursery?
We always welcome new folks who love working with children.
All childcare staff must be safe environment certified through the archdiocese, including a background check.
Please contact Cathi to find out more and get started.
If you would like to volunteer in the nursery and are 18 years or older please contact the Nursery Coordinator.
Once Volunteer space is available, you will be asked to complete required Safe Environment Training.
You can read more on the Volunteer Information page of the website.
We would like to welcome our teen volunteers beginning in September.
Teens between the ages of 15-17, looking for volunteer hours, please print, fill out and return the following forms:
Teen Volunteer Sheet requested by Transfiguration
(UNDER CONSTRUCTION . PDF)
Sign up for childcare
Sign Up for Faith Formation times Coming Soon. Contact Cathi for child care options during events when they are scheduled.
Sign up to volunteer
Email the Nursery Coordinator for volunteer opportunities.
Please see the volunteer information page of the website. Background checks and VIRTUS Training are required to work in the Nursery. If you are already trained, let us know.