Adult Faith Formation Offerings
For more information on Classes, Studies, Presentations or Guest Speakers- Please contact the Adult Faith Formation Office at 770.977.1442 ex.128 or email Cindy McFadden, Director of Adult Faith Formation at email@example.com.
Sign up for Childcare during Adult Faith Formation Gatherings, Here.
Fall Weekly Schedule
See class descriptions below, or by following the link provided.
- Our Great Journey– Sojourners / 9:30 a.m. / Adult Lounge / Growing Up Catholic Parenting Series
- Our Great Journey- Sojourners / 6:15 p.m. / Adult Ed/OCI Room / Busy Lives & Restless Souls
- Discussion Group / 3:00 p.m. /ZOOM/ Bible in a Year (With Father Mike Schmitz) (ongoing)
- Our Great Journey– Sojourners / 4:00 p.m. / Adult Lounge / The Way of Trust and Love: A Retreat Guided by St Therese Lisieux
- Tuesday Spirituality / 10:00 a.m. / ZOOM/ [Tuesday Morning Spirituality]
- Senior Spirituality / 3:30 p.m. / Family Life Center/ [Senior Spirituality]
- Centering Prayer / Wednesdays, 10:00 a.m. / Family Life center / [Centering Prayer]
- Nuestro Gran Viaje – en Español /6:30 p.m. /Adult Ed/OCI Room / Un Paseo Bíblico a través de la Misa (A Biblical walk through the Mass)
- Pathfinders / 9:45 a.m. /Adult Ed/OCI Room/ “Come and See – Study of Ezekiel, Hebrews and Revelation ”(Continued)
- Centering Prayer / Thursdays, 7:00 p.m. /Family Life Center / [Centering Prayer]
- Men’s Bible Study / Thursdays, 7:00 p.m. / Family Life Center / [Men’s Bible Study ]
- Men’s Bible Study / 7:00 a.m. /Family Life Center/ “The Eucharist in the Gospel of John” [Men’s Bible Study]
- Women in Faith / 9:30 a.m. / Bishop Hall [Women in Faith] Select a study from six new offerings!
Fall Special Topics
The Church in the US – the 21st Century – with Marie LaSalle /
October 5,12,19 7:30 pm in the AE/OCI Room Sign Up Here
Biblical Storytelling Series with “The Feasts and Festivals of Jesus’ Life”-with Ruth Elsbree /
Thursday October 28, 7:30 p.m.
Understanding Our Faith
Join us to learn more about our Catholic Faith.
Open to all, participants will receive credit for catechist certification.
Let us know you are coming by signing up here.
Journey (Sojourner) Classes
Offered during elementary, middle and high school Journey session times.
Open to all adults. No registration required; just join us in the listed room when you can.
If your child is in his or her own Journey session, why not join other adults for faith-sharing and conversation?
Sundays, 9:30 a.m.-10:45 a.m., Adult Lounge.
Growing Up Catholic Parenting Series with Ryan and Amanda Duffy.
Topics will include Raising Kids Who Care, Talking to Your Children About God and combating stress and embracing positive family time.
Sundays, 6:15 p.m.-7:30 p.m., Adult Ed/OCI Room.
Busy Lives & Restless Souls.
Discuss and reflect on how prayer can help you find the missing “peace” in your life. Purchase of the book Busy Lives & Restless Souls by Becky Eldridge is recommended but not required. Copies are available in the Faith Formation Office.
Monday, 4:00 p.m.-5:15 p.m., Adult Lounge.
The Way of Trust and Love: a Retreat Guided by St. Thérèse of Lisieux
with Suzanne Fragale and Megan Stuckey. Join us as we navigate excerpts of St. Thérèse’s writings, extracting powerful, resonating insights. To Thérèse, the journey seemed “little” as she traveled it. Discover the relevance of “the little way” in all seasons of life. Copies of the book are available in the Faith Formation Office.
Miércoles, 6:30 p.m. /Adult Ed/OCI Room.
Un Paseo Bíblico a través de la Misa con Alijaudra Delgadillo y Vanessa Pineda.
Un Paseo Bíblico a través de la Misa. Este programa de cinco partes, lleva a los participantes por un recorrido emocionante a través de la Liturgia. Explora las raices bíblicas de las palabras y los gestos que usamos en la Misa y explica su profundo significado.
Women in Faith Fall Series:
with Amanda Duffy and Katy Samaha
Open to all women of Transfiguration
Fridays, 9:45 a.m., Bishop Hall
We will gather as a large group in Bishop Hall and then break into small groups based on interests. Choose from six separate studies…
1. Walking with Purpose: Seven Priorities That Make Life Work by Lisa Brenninkmeyer Book info Here
2. Emmaus Journey (Reflect on the upcoming Sunday Scripture readings)
3. Friendship Project: The Catholic Woman’s Guide to Making and Keeping Fabulous, Faith-Filled Friends (Book info here)
4. Threshold Bible Study: Whole Hearted Commitment: Deuteronomy: Part 1 by Stephen J. Binz (Book info here)
5. God with Us: Encountering Jesus in the Gospel of Matthew by Edward Sri (Book info Here)
6. Wisdom Pattern by Richard Rohr (Book info here)
Fall 2021 season, see the Women in Faith page! All women are welcome to join.
If you want to join our Adult Faith Formation gatherings, childcare is available. Beginning August 15, the nursery will be open. Contact Cathi for more information On the Nursery Page. Signups for specific gatherings are posted.
As the church open more fully, it will be important to host gathering warmly. We would love to build up a team of hosts for all gatherings. Join the Hospitality Team, or ask questions about how to get involved by contacting Cindy at firstname.lastname@example.org .
An Evening with the Eucharist
What do Catholic believe about the Eucharist and Real Presence? Join Monsignor Patrick Bishop for a presentation on how the Bread of Life sustains,
transforms and strengthens us for the journey! Hear the Podcast of the event on our Soundcloud or click here.